The Precepts of the Order
- Love, honour and fear God, walk after his commandments.
- Maintain and defend the Christian Faith and the honour, dignity and interests of our Order.
- Be loyal to your Sovereign, dutiful to the Grand Master and obedient to those who rule over you.
- Prefer honour to wealth.
- Be just and true in word and deed.
- Give no willing cause of offence to any; but, while opposing wrong and injustice, deport yourselves courteously and gently.
- Assist the distressed, the widow and the fatherless.
- Eschew all debasing employment, recreation and company; abhor pride and selfishness and so raise the standard of chivalrous honour, striving for the welfare of your Brethren